5-Inch Inlet Line
Each section contains twenty-four 1″ holes per foot and is used in standard conditions with 4″, 5″, and sometimes 6″ tile where the flow of a 6″ inlet is not needed.
This is a 5″ x 1″ holed section with 3 1″ x 4″ slots per foot. It is used to provide more flow than a 5″ x 1″ section can provide and where a 6″ x 1″ section is too much. It can also be used in conjunction with a 5″ restrictor to help eliminate trash build-up due to possible restriction of the 1″ holes.
This is a 5″ x 5/16″ holed orange section used underground from the tee as a riser extension. It can be cut at different locations (as marked on section) to adjust the height of inlet.
This section is a blank section that is used for offsetting the inlet from the main line. It can also be used in place of an HBI-5516 if no small holes are wanted below ground.
5″ Inlet Tee allows for fitting of 5″ corrugated tile directly to the tee.
This part is a 6″ x 5″ New Style Tee to be used to connect directly to 6″ corrugated or dual wall tile and has a 5″ inlet bell so that a 5″ inlet can be snapped directly into the tee without the use of an adapter.
This is a 5″ restrictor used to adjust the flow of water from the inlet to the main line.
5″ Silt Sock
5″ Flow Chart
- Every Hickenbottom® Inlet is made of high-density polyethylene.
- All Hickenbottom® parts, tees, offsets, risers, and inlets snap together for easy installation. Risers and inlets can be cut to desired lengths.
- Markings on Hickenbottom® Inlets allow for easy height adjustment. Find the marking for the desired height and simply cut on the line.
- Hickenbottom® Inlets are lightweight and simple. There is no need to hoist in concrete catch basins and no need to weld aluminum or steel pipe inlets.
- Hickenbottom® Inlets are durable, easy to see, and easily maintained.
- Check out Hickenbottom® adapters to increase or reduce the intake of the inlet off of the inlet’s tee. Contact your local NRCS office to properly size restrictors for your project.
- A special inner riser may be inserted to maintain ponding at a certain level to improve water infiltration in semi-arid regions.
- Hickenbottom® Inlets are government approved. There are authorized distributors in the U.S. and Canada that have inlets in stock for fast delivery to contractors.
General Information for Installation Practices
Installation for all Hickenbottom® Inlets should be in accordance with specifications for corrugated P.E. piping, such as ASTM F-405 and AASHTO highway specifications M-252. These can be found in the Soil Conservation Service Engineering Field Manual for Conservation Practices in Book 2 of 2, Section 8-82 and 8-83.
When back-filling inlets at shallow depths (less than 24 inches), it is recommended that one bed the tee and underground portion of the inlet with 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches of stone aggregate (ie: limey chips). In normal conditions concerning depths less than 24 inches (up to 72 inches), the spoil from the trench may be used for bedding if the size of the spoil material is less than 2 inches in diameter.
In conditions of 72 inches or deeper, one should surround the vertical portion of the inlet with a circumference of approximately 12 inches of the aforementioned aggregate to the surface.
To keep the vertical portion of the inlet from tipping over in the back-filling process, fill around the inlet in a mounding fashion then taper the slope down and away from the inlet to the bottom of the trench.
Make sure that all Hickenbottom® sections are snapped together before backfilling.
Further questions concerning inlet installation may be directed to the general office at 1-800-443-7879.
- The inlet bell fits inside SDR.35-6″ spigots.
- A 5″ tile bell fits over the 4″ bell end of SDR.21 and Schedule 40.
- A 5″ tile bell fits inside of a 6″ SDR.35 bell end.
- A 5″ tile bell fits on the 5″ spigot end of Schedule 40, SDR.21, and SDR.26.
- A 5″ inlet bell will fit a 5″ Fernco plastic adapter.
- A Hancor 5″ x 4″ reducer may be snapped directly into the tile bell end of the tee or snapped over 4″ tile. (refer to product # FC-R04-05)
- An ADS 5″ x 4″ external reducer may be used with this product, but a section of 5″ tile will be needed to connect the reducer to the tee.
- A Hickenbottom® 5″x 4″ reducer may be used with a 5″ tee, but a piece of 5″ tile will be needed to connect the reducer to the tee. (refer to product # HBI-504)
- A Fernco PCX 56-64 may be fitted over the bell of a 5″ tee and can act as a connector to 4″ PVC pipe.
- A 5″ stack bell or spigot end will fit a 5″ Fernco plastic adapter.
- A 5″ internal coupler may be used on the spigot end of a stack to connect to 5″ tile or to repair an existing 5″ inlet. An ADS 6″ x 5″ internal reducer will also work as a connector to 6″ field tile. (refer to product # 0526AA)